Dallas Termite Control Services
Protecting Your Property Is What We Do Best
Termites are every property owner’s worst nightmare. Known as one of the most destructive pests, termites can cause extensive damage to your home or business before you ever even know they’re there. To minimize the amount of damage you face, you need to bring in a reliable, experienced pest control team. That’s where Hawx Pest Control comes in. At Hawx, our team is committed to offering the most dependable services in town. Using high-quality products and state-of-the-art equipment, we can effectively eliminate existing termite colonies and prevent future infestations from taking place.
3 Types of Termites
There are thousands of termite species, but only around 45 of them are found in North America. All of these species can be placed into one of three termite types.
The 3 types of termites are:
- Subterranean termites: By far the most destructive type of termites, subterranean termites can travel in colonies containing millions of individuals. They need to be near soil, so they build mud tubes for safe passage into a property.
- Drywood termites: Drywood termites do not need to stay near soil, and they prefer to consume wood with a moisture content of 12% or less.
- Dampwood termites: These termites prefer to feast on damp wood. Your home or business might be at risk of a dampwood termite infestation if you have a leaky roof or leaking plumbing pipes.
Accurately identifying the type of termite present is the key to an effective treatment. At Hawx Pest Control, we have extensive experience handling all types of termites and guarantee an accurate identification.
Signs of a Termite Infestation
Termites are often hidden away behind walls, under floorboards, in attics, and in other dark, secluded areas. This can make recognizing an infestation rather difficult. Luckily, there are a few things you can look for.
Common signs of a termite infestation include:
- Mud tubes going up your foundation
- Extra-creaky floorboards
- Tight-fitting doors
- Tiny, discarded wings near windows or doors
- Clicking sounds within walls
- Visible wood damage
- Tunnels in wood
- Hard-to-open windows
If you suspect you have an infestation, call Hawx Pest Control right away. We will be there in no time to perform an in-depth inspection and explain your options to you.
How Often Should I Schedule a Termite Inspection?
Termite infestations can be very tricky to identify, which makes it very important to keep up with professional inspections. To ensure any infestations are identified as early as possible, we recommend scheduling termite inspections every 3-5 years. At Hawx Pest Control, we offer thorough termite inspections, during which we are guaranteed to find termites if they are there. Our pest specialists know exactly where to look and how to identify termite damage.
How Hawx Pest Control Treats Termites
Hawx Pest Control has spent many years perfecting our termite treatment process. Using top-quality products and industry-leading equipment, our team can handle any infestation, no matter how severe.
Our termite treatments include:
- Advance Termite Bait System: We place several termite bait traps around your property that contain a bait capable of eliminating entire colonies. The bait traps are placed in areas where we identify termite activity.
- Foaming application treatment: We drill holes through your drywall and insert a foam between the studs. The foam leaves behind a residue that kills termites.
*Note: Liquid treatments are available in some locations. Give us a call to learn more.
Schedule Termite Control in Dallas Today!
At Hawx Pest Control, we make your pest problems our business. Termite infestations are incredibly difficult to treat, but, luckily, our team is up for the task. Whether you suspect you have a termite problem or you are simply ready to schedule your next routine inspection, we’ve got you covered.
With Hawx Pest Control on your side, you can expect:
- Free estimates
- Customized solutions
- Exceptional workmanship
- Highly trained technicians
Call (469) 264-8260 to schedule a termite inspection. We look forward to serving you.