Houston Mosquito Control
Helping You Regain Control of Your Yard!
Is there anything more irritating than the sound of mosquitoes buzzing back and forth past your ears or the incredibly itchy bites they leave behind on your body? We don’t think so either. Once mosquitoes make their way onto your property, they can quickly reproduce until it feels like you’ve lost control of your yard. Luckily, Hawx Pest Control is here to help. Using high-quality products and state-of-the-art equipment, our Houston mosquito control team can efficiently and effectively treat your yard to both eliminate existing mosquitoes and prevent future infestations from taking place.
How to Prevent Mosquitoes
The last thing you want is for mosquitoes to take over your yard. Since these pests can be difficult to get rid of, it is always best to take precautions to try and prevent them. There are plenty of things you can do to make your property less inviting to them.
To Prevent Mosquitoes, You Should:
- Eliminate sources of standing water in your yard (such as overwatered pots, birdbaths, etc.)
- Place mosquito-repelling candles or lanterns around your yard
- Plant lavender, citronella, rosemary, and other mosquito-repelling plants in your garden
- Remove dead leaves, branches, and other debris from your lawn
- Mow your lawn regularly
- Clean out your gutters to discourage mosquito activity
- Schedule routine pest control
One of the very best ways to keep mosquitoes off your property is to schedule routine mosquito control. At Hawx Pest Control, our pest control team is here to ensure your yard is protected against these irritating pests. Our treatment process is effective in significantly reducing mosquito populations in just a matter of weeks. Learn more about how our Houston mosquito control experts can protect your yard by reaching out to us today.
When Should I Be Concerned About a Mosquito Bite?
While most mosquito bites are only a nuisance, they can be harmful for two reasons: 1) mosquitoes are known to carry and transmit serious diseases, and 2) some people are allergic to mosquito bites. Mosquito-borne diseases include malaria, zika virus, dengue fever, yellow fever, West Nile virus, meningitis, and more. If your mosquito bites are just itchy and irritating, they can be treated with anti-itch creams and a cool cloth.
If You Are Experiencing Any of the Following Symptoms, You Should Seek Medical Attention Right Away:
- Fluid-filled blisters
- Difficulty breathing
- Eye redness
How to Avoid Mosquito Bites
Experts have determined that certain factors play a part in how attractive a person is to a mosquito. Depending on the clothing you wear, what your blood type is, whether or not you are drinking, what your body temperature is, and whether or not you are wearing a fragrance are all factors that can impact your risk of being bitten by mosquitoes. While you cannot change your blood type, there are a few things you can do to help you avoid mosquito bites.
To Prevent Mosquito Bites, You Should:
- Avoid going outside during peak mosquito breeding times (dawn and dusk)
- Wear light-colored clothing that covers as much skin as possible
- Apply mosquito repellent to your exposed skin
- Avoid applying lotions, hair products, or perfumes with fragrances
- Limit the amount of alcohol you consume while spending time outside
For more mosquito tips and tricks, turn to the Houston mosquito control pros at Hawx Pest Control. We are here to reduce the presence of mosquitoes on your property so you can enjoy your time spent outside.
The Hawx Process
With years of service experience, our Houston mosquito control team is fully prepared to handle any infestation, no matter how large or small. We know everything there is to know about mosquitoes, including where to find them, how to eliminate them, and how to prevent future infestations.
Our Comprehensive Process Involves Four Easy Steps, Including:
- Creating a barrier of protection around the foundation of your home
- Establishing a perimeter around your property to take care of nesting sites and other potential problem areas
- Applying water-activated granules in your yard to eliminate nesting sites
- Treating eaves and gutters around your home to keep mosquitoes away
Depending on the level of protection you want for your home, Hawx Pest Control offers both quarterly pest services and bi-monthly pest services in Houston and the surrounding areas. Reach out to our professionals today and we would be happy to answer any of your questions and help you determine the best treatment plan for your property.