Milwaukee Termite Control
Protecting Your Property from Wood-Destroying Pests
Termites are every property owner’s worst nightmare. These pests can cause a massive amount of damage and be a real pain to treat, so it is important that you bring in a team of trained and experienced pest control specialists in the event of an infestation. That’s where Hawx Pest Control comes in. Our Milwaukee termite control experts are here to assess the severity of your situation, customize a treatment plan, eliminate any existing termites, and keep these pests from returning in the future.
The 3 Types of Termites
There are approximately 45 different types of species of termites in the United States, all of which can be placed into 1 of 3 categories. Each species has unique biology and behaviors that impact where they live and how likely they are to damage your home.
Below Are the 3 Types of Termites:
- Subterranean termites: Subterranean termites live in moist soil and feed on wood. They are the most destructive type of termites because they travel in large colonies that can sometimes contain millions of members.
- Drywood termites: Drywood termites typically live in and feed on dry wood such as dead trees, wooden beams, or hardwood floors. Unlike subterranean termites, they do not require contact with the soil and they travel in much smaller colonies. That means that while they can cause significant damage to a home, they are not known to cause as much damage as subterranean termites.
- Dampwood termites: As their name indicates, dampwood termites prefer to live in and feed on wood with a high moisture content. Because of this, they will likely only enter a home with plumbing or roof leaks. These leaks saturate the wood in the home enough to attract dampwood termites.
Identifying the type of termite in your home or business is the first step in providing an effective treatment. At Hawx Pest Control, our Milwaukee termite control pros are skilled in locating and identifying all types of termites.
Signs of a Termite Infestation in Milwaukee
Termites are great at avoiding contact with humans, which is why they are often able to invade a home for months or even years before they are ever detected. To ensure your home is safe and protected, our Milwaukee pest control pros recommend becoming familiar with the signs of a termite infestation.
Signs of a Termite Infestation Include:
- Mud tunnels going up your foundation
- A swarm of winged termites around your windows or doors
- Small clicking sounds coming from inside your walls
- Piles of frass (termite droppings that look like cracked pepper)
- Visible wood damage
- Buckling or extra-creaky floorboards
- Uneven or bubbling paint
- Loose tiles
- Wood that sounds hollow when you knock on it
- Tight-fitting doors
- Hard-to-open windows
If you suspect you have an infestation, reach out to our Milwaukee termite control team right away. We offer thorough inspections, during which we are guaranteed to find the source of the problem.
Do Termites Have Wings?
When they emerge from their colonies in the springtime, young termites have wings. These termites are called swarmers because they come out of their nests in very large groups. Swarmers are both male and female winged termites that are on a mission to find a suitable mate. You might see these winged termites near light sources, windows, or doors. After fertilization, they will shed their wings and go on to form new colonies. If they swarm your Milwaukee home, you might find piles of shed wings near windows or doors.
Home of the Free Re-Service
At Hawx Pest Control, we take great pride in our work because we always go above and beyond to deliver exceptional results. Unfortunately, some infestations are trickier than others. In the event that your termite problem persists, our Milwaukee pest team will provide an additional service at absolutely no charge to you. We aren’t happy until you are!