Ant Control Services
Stop the Stream of Ants; Call Hawx Pest Control
Ants are small, opportunistic insects that live in gigantic colonies that can often exceed more than a million ants. Despite their tiny size, ants are widely regarded for their unbelievable strength, including their ability to lift several times their own body weight and carry it singlehandedly. They also have a tremendous sense of smell—several times better than that of a dog. That means they can latch on to even the faintest whiff of a scent and follow it into areas where you might have food or waste stored. Because they only need the tiniest gap to get in, ants often find their way into our homes and businesses, and it is extremely difficult to remove them once they do.
Are you struggling with an ant problem? Hawx Pest Control can help. We offer a full range of ant control services, including both extermination and preventative measures. We know ants inside and out and have handled problems of all shapes and sizes with a wide variety of different types of ants. They’re tremendously common, but that doesn’t make them easy to deal with, and our team is ready to handle any issue you might be facing.
What Are Ants?
There’s a strong chance you can probably easily identify ants just by looking at them. These tremendously commonplace insects are one of the most common and consistent parts of life. Ants are everywhere, and experts estimate there are literally quadrillions of the bugs on earth. Ants have a few common, defining features, including a three-segmented body, six legs, bent antennae, and a tendency to live in colonies. However, there are some key differences, including physical appearance, food preferences, behavior, and more. Likewise, some types of ants are more dangerous and aggressive than others, presenting a bigger and more urgent issue for your property.
Below is a list of ants that commonly invade our properties:
- Argentine ants: Small brown ants that live in massive colonies and have a fondness for sweet foods. They can become a considerable nuisance and hard to eliminate.
- Fire ants: Known for their distinctive reddish-brown color, and are particularly aggressive. They are easy to agitate and will attack any person or animal they view as a threat with painful stings, thanks to venom that could trigger allergic reactions in some people.
- Sugar ants: Also called odorous house ants due to the foul-smelling odor they emit when crushed. They are generally black or dark-brown colored, and live up to their namesake with their fondness for sweet, sugary foods.
Ants live and work together in large colonies, making them tough to prevent and control. Nuisance ants, while annoying to deal with, do not pose any significant threats to people or our structures. Others, however, can bite, sting, transmit diseases, and cause structural damage, meaning they are dangerous and need to be taken care of as soon as possible.
How to Properly Control an Ant Problem
Eliminating ants is a difficult task, meaning it is often best to leave it to trained and experienced professionals. The team at Hawx Pest Control has extensive experience and training in dealing with ant problems and can provide you with both services for your current problem and preventative treatments to keep ants away for good. For home and business owners looking to eliminate ants, nobody else offers comprehensive solutions like we can.
However, there are a few things you can do to prevent ants from coming in yourself, and we advise everybody to follow these bits of advice, regardless of whether or not you receive frequent treatments.
- Place weather-stripping around windows and doors, and door sweeps on exterior doors.
- Cut tree branches and overgrown vegetation away from the exterior of your house.
- Repair any openings in the foundation and exterior walls of your home.
- Remove fallen trees and tree stumps from your property.
- Rinse out jars and cans before placing them in recycle bins.
- Keep tight-fitting or locking lids on outdoor trash cans and compost bins.
Turn to Hawx Pest Control for quality ant control solutions today! Contact us and let us inspect your problem in order to get started.